Thursday, May 31, 2007

camping

This weekend I’ll be going to a st john camp for 3 days 2 nights. With the poor stamina I have now, I really wonder whether I can support during the camp anot. As an instructor in the camp, I have to follow up throughout the whole camp with my group members. I have to sleep later than them, but also wake earlier than them.

Many friends asked me that why since secondary school, I still follow up such things? They asked me wont I feel fed up with this? I curious to myself, why I still have such an interest to them where I know none of them. 5 years never march, never touch on first aid.

They further asked should I pay for it? Of course I need. Even my relatives scolded me for being so stupid. Pay an amount to torture myself. Eat something bad, sleepless and so on.

However maybe during my form 1 time, I participated in such a training camp organized by my school division. All the incidents were deep etched in my mind and perhaps this reason keep my heart going on to make this camp a success. I hope I can teach them what I learned, what I faced, what I encountered.

I did back to the division meeting to have some earlier observation bout the members nowadays and I found out that not only their foot drill is like shit, but the worst is their discipline. Compared to my days, all these scene wont happen at all. My first target for this camp is to rebuild their discipline and the enthusiasm towards st john.

Youngsters nowadays are over pampered by their family. Once they heard that it is a training camp, all of them refuse to enter. The strongest reason they gave, either parents not allow, or have trip with family. Since this is not a private organization and it still under school supervision. Once they say so, we have no way to ascertain the facticity. SOB!!!!!!!!

Till now, there are only 45 campers and committee members are around 30. You can see the ratio of campers to committee. Although the number of campers is damn low, but I still hope it will be a success.

May god bless me wont faint in the camp, due to my poor stamina. LOL


0 comments:







Post a Comment





|