Saturday, January 05, 2008

Reborn PC

I dont know whether i was affected by the 7habits, or my academic stuff appears to be urgent to me. The first day i was back here Sabah, i kept on searching for a free software all over the net. I sought forums, official website, universities internal link, china websites, all over just to get a free Amos 7 that is applicable. I was soooooooooooo 'hardworking' that can die!!!!!

As the Dr Csl said that 'honesty doesnt pay at all times', but for my case, hard work doesn,t pay for all time. Why i say so? The result of putting efforts in it was my pc infected by viruses. In one night time, my C drive dropped frmo 5 Gb free space to 16kb. I cant open any other programmes as it just kept prompt me that the server is busy, either switch to or retry options available.

I had no choice at that moment but to reformat my system with the hope that the virus can be cleared. After an hour, my pc was ready and drivers were installed. Im attempting to connect to the net but to no avail. My virus protector notified me that i was defeated by another old spyware - keylogger. (wheree it will redirect ur keyboard input.)

Haiz......so what to do? I have no pc or network experts here. The only choice was reformat agn. Since my friend said that this spyware attacked all the drives, i had to backup my D drive as well. I had to bear the pain of deleting some old files. My external hard disc is barely has enough space to store all.

It took me whole day for the installing stuff. (deducting my dinner, exercise, bathing time and so on). The first programme i had installed was the windows live messenger. Thought somebody could accompany throughout the whole process. (thanks to shirley) LOL. At least she did chat with me a while.

Another annoying stuff was that my external HDD has a problem when transferring bulks of files togeder. Just few Gb things, i need more than few hours. I have to transfer it few at a time. It was a boring repeating process. Even the moment im typing this post, i was still in the progress of installing softwares. zzzz.....

Hopefully, my system can last long at least for a semester. Let me pass through this last semester smoothly, without other troubles.......Thanks god.


0 comments:







Post a Comment





|